Wednesday, December 31, 2014

How I almost got replaced!

Meet Hemingway!
About a month ago, Mom decided that she REALLY needed to get a kitten, well actually she thought we needed two because, in Mom's logic, if we only got one then it would be lonely and have no one to play with. Even though we already have three dogs and an old cranky cat who potentially could be the kitten's playmate.  So we got two kittens - Hemingway and Boo ( Boo's - slightly anti-social)

Anyway - Hemingway's favorite thing to do is help Mom write. As you can see in the picture above, he likes to sit on the keyboard and type with her.  Right here he is stepping on the Enter button and watching the screen go down. He really thinks that he owns Mom and her writing area. 

Lets just say that for the first week - Mom thought it was cute when he did it, and I was getting a little worried that little Hemingway was going to take my job and become Mom's personal assistant. But as the weeks have gone by, Hemingway has become a little more aggressive and not only uses the Enter button, but prances joyfully across the entire keyboard.  And, quite frankly, Hemingway is a bad speller.  So, especially because Mom is on deadline, and Hemingway has learned to stepped on the Delete button, he is no longer allowed in the room during working hours.  

So now I have my own little assistant who likes to jump on me and my keyboard.

I think it's safe to say I won't be getting replaced any time soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment