Monday, March 24, 2014

Entry #9

Who doesn't like a good ghost story to start off the week? This one is from a collection of stories my mom wrote for a local newspaper. 

An home owner tells of an experience when he and his cat where home alone. 
"I heard footsteps upstairs and I saw that my cat had heard them too." he said.
The cat headed for the steps and looked up. 
"Every hair on the cat's body stood up straight and then he headed for the door - he wanted out," he said. "I have to admit, my hair stood up that time too."

 His wife had a chilling experience when she least expected it, as a matter of fact, she was preparing for a hot bath. 
"My family had already gone to bed and I decided to take a bath," she said "I had already run the water and was just ready to step in when the door crept open a ways." 
Thinking it was my husband, she said, "Well, come on in." 
When nothing happened she went upstairs to find out who opened the door. Everyone upstairs was asleep. 
"I went back downstairs and all I could think about were those movies you see on TV where people are murdered in the showers," she said. "I took the fastest bath in history."


While interviewing this couple on the phone, an interesting thing happened. It was midday and I was speaking to the gentleman of the house. His wife was at work and he was working from home. As we spoke, I could hear the distant sound of someone walking down the steps. 
He paused mid-sentence and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. 
"Oh, there he is now," he said, matter-of-factly. 


That's about the closest I would want to be to a ghost!!! 
I don't know about most of you.... but if a ghost opened the bathroom door while I was going to take a bath and I went upstairs and found everyone sleeping I wouldn't go back downstairs... I would just go right to bed and pull the blankets over my head! Maybe I'm just a wimp!! But I'm pretty sure I'd survive in a scary movie... because I'd be the first one out the door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment